Welcome to the Physical Education department
On top of excellent levels of attainment, we are proud to place high importance on “achievement” within the department.
We continue to attract high numbers of pupils to a wide variety of extra-curricular clubs at lunchtime and afterschool. From this, we have been able to compete very well at local and national level in football, rugby, volleyball and athletics. We have regularly won both competitions at East Ayrshire and Ayrshire level in these sports.
Ewan McLeavy and Jack Patterson pictured with their Scotland caps, in the middle
is Scottish Schoolboys player Rhys Wallace.
- In football, our most notable individual success story is Robbie Muirhead who has progressed to play with both Kilmarnock FC and Scotland U17’s before signing for Dundee Utd in 2015.
- In Rugby Gregor Paxton who came through our School of Rugby is now playing with Ayr RFC and has represented Scotland at under 16 and under 18 level.
- In Volleyball, former pupil Mark Lawson has progressed from learning volleyball in his PE class to playing for the Scotland International team.
- In Swimming, current pupil Cameron Muir is a multi medal winning Scottish champion.
- In Boxing, former pupil Kieran McMaster is a Gold medal winning Scottish champion and is now training with team Great Britain.
- In Weightlifting, former pupil Robert Blair is current Scottish & British champion in his weight division and is currently training towards competing at the Commonwealth Games.
- In Taekwondo, former pupil James Reid achieved the unbelievable status of World Champion in his sport.